Here’s a 360-degree view of my life at this very moment.
– Went to the doctor today, who didn’t find anything immediately wrong with me. He told me that my symptoms are NOT normal for runners, mainly because I have had cramping along with the other stuff. He suspects internal hemorrhoids but referred me to a gastroenterologist for a sigmoidoscopy next week, just to be sure it’s not something more serious. In the meantime, he gave me the go-ahead to continue my training as usual, so that’s what I did, and I just finished my first two-miler in about a week. Felt good, too. Ahhh, running. He also recommended I up my fiber intake. Looks like beans, raspberries, and oatmeal are in my immediate future.
– My mom’s doing crappy. I’m hoping it’s not life-threatening, but who the hell knows? She’s been so up and down lately it’s hard to tell. I’m hoping her doctors might be willing to sit with me for a few minutes when I go down tomorrow, but I’m not terribly optimistic on that front. I’m glad I’m going down, even though it’s just for the day and it’s costing me almost $800 between air fare and lost wages. All said and done, she’s in the right place, the prognosis isn’t really HORRIBLE, and as usual I’m probably blowing everything way out of proportion.
– My resume still needs to be updated, but my representative at the temp agency says she’s willing to help me find another assignment when my job ends on May 1. It’s been hard to find the energy to do much of anything lately, but I suppose I’ll have some time on the plane tomorrow and in the other 23 hours that my mom DOESN’T have visitng hours, so I should be able to work on it then.
– The rash that ate Manhattan (and my right hand) that I’ve had since last May is apparently incurable. There are creams that can help the symptoms but the rash itself is with me for life, likely to flare up at any time it damn well pleases. I sort of expected that, I guess. Doesn’t make it any less of a pain, though.
– I’m technically on spring break this week. Can you believe it? Spring break has never been so stressful. I think I might stop on the way home tonight from my match-closing session with Big Brothers Big Sisters to buy a bottle of rum so I can make pina coladas. It’s about as close to spring break as I’m going to get this week, I think.
– I’m bogged down with homework that I can’t seem to bring myself to do. I guess there’s nothing new in that.
– I found a bunch of CDs yesterday that I haven’t played in about five years. Songs that I haven’t listened to in about as long, back from when I outright refused to listen to anything mainstream. I spent a good six hours yesterday just listening to music, which was probably the most therapeutic thing I could have done for myself.
– The Yankees start their season today. They’re winning so far, but E-Rod has already made his opening day error, Pavano gave up their two run lead, and this all happened against the Devil Rays. And so begins baseball.
– OH, and I almost forgot the very most important thing, which is that I KICKED BILLY’S ASS on our March Madness bracket! We each filled out brackets and said that the loser would have to buy the winner dinner at Brick Cafe, and dude. I won. If Ohio State wins tonight, I will win the entire league that Billy set up on Yahoo’s fantasy sports site, and I can’t tell you how sweet that will be. I know it’s unlikely that Ohio State will win, but come ON… a girl can dream, right? Either way, Billy lost our bet, and that’s all that really matters.